Recipe by mollypaul
A refreshing old favorite free of artificial ingredients from the New England chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947. Freezing time not included in preparation time.
- 1⁄2 cup cherries, pitted
- 3 oranges, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup sliced pineapple, drained
- 5 bananas
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup cream, whipped to soft peaks
- sugar, to taste
- salad greens
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut fruit into small pieces.
- Pour lemon juice over bananas and let stand for ten minutes.
- Mix all the fruits together, sweeten to taste and let stand ten more minutes.
- Drain all juice from the fruits; stir in mayonnaise and fold in whipped cream.
- Pour mixture into a 5 x 9" metal pan and freeze.
- Arrange salad greens on chilled plates and place a portion of fruit salad on top.