Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
To give these icy snacks a creamier sorbet-like texture, partially freeze the fruits before pureeing. Substitute other berries and fruit as you like, but always use some banana in each mixture for good consistency. I got this from Country Living(1992). Cook time is freezing time.
- 2 bananas, peeled and halved
- 2 very ripe kiwi fruits, peeled and halved (you may sub peaches, grapes, mango, etc.)
- 158.51 ml strawberry (fresh or frozen, or other berries of your choice)
- 118.29 ml orange juice
- 44.37 ml light corn syrup
- Several hours or day bdfore serving prepare fruit purees: Place bananas, kiwifruit, and fresh strawberries in freezer until partially frozen and firm.
- (If using frozen strawberries, allow to thaw slightly until just softened.) Pour orqnge juice into glass dish or pie plate; freeze until almost solid.
- In food processor with chopping blade or blender, combine 2 banana halves, 1 tbls.
- corn syrup, and the orange juice; process until mixture is smooth and pureed.
- Divide between two 3-ounce metal timbale molds, two 5-ounce paper cups, or any 3-ounce popsicle molds.
- Puree kiwifruit with 1 banana half and 1 tbls.
- corn syrup; divide mixture between 2 molds or cups.
- Puree strawberries with remaining banana and corn syrup; divide between 2 molds or cups.
- Place all fruit-filled molds in freezer.
- After 45 minutes, insert popsicle sticks in center of pops.
- Freeze pops several hours or overnight until completely frozen.
- To serve, remove pops from molds by quickly dipping molds into hot water; then, holding stick, pull pop out of mold.
- If using paper cups, paper can be peeled off.
Kid tested and approved! Nice and refreshing and healthy to boot ;). I layered one with banana then strawberry, looked as good as it tasted. Thx for the great recipe Sharon! :)
Delicious and we loved having three flavors of fruit pops! I used bathroom size paper cups and made 12 fruit pops. Thanks for sharing -- we will be having lots of these this summer!
These were delicious! Really refreshing. I used mango instead of kiwi but otherwise made it as directed. Thanks Sharon for a great summer time treat.