Recipe by tasb
Here is a recipe using already frozen fruit. Another answer for the OAMC questions. This is from "The Clever Cook's Kitchen Handbook by David Joachim"
Top Review by StringBean
I thought this filling was delicious! I substituted the baking blend of Splenda for the sugar, and used a store-bought whole wheat pie crust and the result was awesome! I would definitely make this again because it was so easy and tasty!
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw fruit in a microwave oven in the fruit storage bag on the defrost cycle in 3 minute cycles, until the fruit is softened.
- Or submerge the bag of frozen fruit in tepid water 10-30 minutes, changing the water as it gets too cold.
- Drain the liquid from the bag and toss the fruit with flour, sugar and salt.
- Transfer to a prepared pie shell. Top with a crust or a crumb topping.
- Bake at 375 F until fruit is bubbly and crust in lightly browned, 25-35 minutes.