Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are great to have in the freezer. They make a fruity, crunchy snack, kind of like a sherbet pop when eaten frozen, or thaw slightly and serve as a salad or dessert.
- 1 (17 ounce) can apricots or 1 (17 ounce) can peaches
- 1 (20 ounce) canunsweetend crushed pineapple
- 1 cup juice or 1 cup syrup, drained from canned fruit
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 cups strawberries (or 16 oz pkg whole frozen unsweetened berries paritally thawed and separated)
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Drain canned fruits, reserving 1 cup combined syrup.
- Cook syrup and sugar over medium heat about 5 minutes, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients including syrup together.
- Using about 2 cups at a time, place mixture in blender.
- Cover and puree until smooth but slightly chunky.
- Pour into another large bowl.
- Repeat until all fruit is processed.
- When all is blended, stir together in the large bowl.
- Line 30 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Ladle fruit into paper cups.
- Freeze until solid.
- When frozen, turn over muffin tins and punch out cups with your thumbs.
- Place cups in freezer bags and store in freezer.
- Remove from freezer 20 minutes before serving to use as a salad or dessert, or eat frozen.
This was wonderful, I put some of mine in small cups with a spoon, and let them get kind of soft and ate them with the spoon, I also have some still frozen and I put some in ice trays and used with Ginger Ale, excellent with it. Thanks for the recipe.