Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
These are delicious, either as a semi-healthy dessert, or just a snack when you grab one out of the freezer. From my SIL - she brought them as part of a meal when I was home with a new baby.
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 4 medium bananas, sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen strawberries, thawed
- 6 ounces orange juice
- 6 ounces lemonade
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar or 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- Gently combine all fruits, along with the sugar.
- Spoon into the plastic cups.
- (Recipe says it makes 8 9 oz. cups, but I always get about 12).
- Mix the juices and water, then pour over each cup of fruit.
- To serve, set out about 1 hr.
- To get slushy.
- (Or in my case, since I grab them out of the freezer to eat as snacks, I defrost them in microwave on low power for a couple of minutes).