Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delish and easy way to get fruit and veggie nutrition. It would be a great breakfast or snack. I have no idea why it says the calories on this are over 10k.
- 1⁄2 cup crushed ice
- 1 small banana
- 1 cup watermelon, pieces frozen
- 1⁄2 cup frozen berries (mine had blueberries, blackberries and raspberries)
- 1 cup fresh Baby Spinach
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons artificial sweetener, such as Splenda, to taste
- Using an immersion blender, or regular blender, blend frozen fruits, banana, and ice until smooth.
- Add in spinach a little at a time, blending thoroughly after each addition.
- Sweeten to taste.
- Serve immediately.
This was delicious and nutritious - what more could you ask for? I did not use honey or artificial sweetener, but just added some agave syrup. Other than that, I made this exactly as posted. This is a great guilt-free treat or breakfast. Thanks for sharing. Made for Spring PAC 2013.