If potatoes are on sale, buy a bag and make your own frozen french fries. Prep and cooking times are approximate. The true time will depend, of course, on how many fries you make and how thick you cut them.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into french fries.
- Put the raw french fries in a ziplock bag and shake to coat with a little olive oil and cajun seasoning.
- Bake at 425 F until just done.
- Cool, then set the cookie sheet they were baked on in the freezer until they are frozen solid.
- Scoop them off with a spatula and store in 5 quart ice cream buckets.
- That way you can have as few or many as you like without having to go for an extra bag.
- To heat them up just throw them back in the oven on a cookie sheet at 425 F for about 15 minutes.