Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 hrs
This comes from the book Girlfriends Forever by Susan Blanch. A delicious and lovely way to present food! Cooking time is freezing time.
- fresh edible flower
- 177.44 ml fresh orange juice
- 14.79 ml frozen orange juice concentrate
- 14.79 ml orange zest
- fruit salad, mixtures
- watermelon balls or blueberries or blackberries or strawberries or cantaloupe balls or red grapes or mangoes, chunks or mint sprig
- pears or pomegranate seeds or green grapes or apples or toasted walnuts or thin iced rings red onion, dry crumbled
- bananas, slices or pineapple chunks or kiwi fruits or mangoes or star fruit or kumquats or flaked coconut or chopped macadamia nuts
- To make the bowl:.
- Clean out a place in your freezer (good luck!). Fill a bowl part way with water; drop in a cup or so of fresh flower blossoms, herbs, berries, or leaves. Put a smaller bowl in the big bowl and fill the little bowl with ice cubes to weigh it down. Cover the whole thing with a clean dish towel and use duck tape(to keep bowls in place as water expands). Freeze overnight. Twenty minutes before serving, remove from freezer, unwrap and allow to sit at room temperature. Separate bowls and fill with chilled fruit, drizzle Orange Dressing over all and toss gently. Set ice bowl in a shallow dish and serve. Enjoy!
- Orange Dressing:.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small saucepan; simmer; reduce to 1/2 cup. Remove from heat and chill.
- Yield: about 1/2 cup.
And if you boil the water first, then let it cool, you'll get absolutely crystal clear ice bowls....it's a stunning idea, thankyou for sharing
This is a woderful way to display a fruit salad. I did cheat and used a Tupperware jello mold! Which didn`t hole much fruit so I place fruit in the bowl as well as around it. Thanks Sharon!