Recipe by yogi
Easy dinner that my husband even enjoys (and he DOESN'T like fish!) Maybe the cheese covers the fish taste a bit.
Top Review by Merlot
My husband and I both loved this dish (and he is not fond of fish) so you can imagine how happy I was to find this recipe. I used about 3/4 cup of cheese instead of the stated 1/2 cup. Otherwise, I followed the directions exactly. Thank you for a wonderful recipe. :-)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- hot sauce (to taste)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese (I love cheese, so I usually add a little more!)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, cooked and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen sole or 1 (16 ounce) package flounder fillets, thawed and cut in half
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook butter, flour, hot sauce and spices in large bowl in microwave for 2 minutes, stirring once.
- Add milk slowly, stir, then cook on high 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute.
- When sauce is thick& smooth add cheese and stir till melted.
- Place spinach in 9" pie plate and stir in 1/2 C sauce.
- spread evenly on bottom.
- Arrange fish over this, cover with wax paper and microwave on high 2 minutes.
- Spoon remaining sauce over fish, sprinkle with paprika, and cook 2 more minutes or till fish is cooked through.