Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy dinner that my husband even enjoys (and he DOESN'T like fish!) Maybe the cheese covers the fish taste a bit.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- hot sauce (to taste)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese (I love cheese, so I usually add a little more!)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, cooked and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen sole or 1 (16 ounce) package flounder fillets, thawed and cut in half
- Cook butter, flour, hot sauce and spices in large bowl in microwave for 2 minutes, stirring once.
- Add milk slowly, stir, then cook on high 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute.
- When sauce is thick& smooth add cheese and stir till melted.
- Place spinach in 9" pie plate and stir in 1/2 C sauce.
- spread evenly on bottom.
- Arrange fish over this, cover with wax paper and microwave on high 2 minutes.
- Spoon remaining sauce over fish, sprinkle with paprika, and cook 2 more minutes or till fish is cooked through.
My husband and I both loved this dish (and he is not fond of fish) so you can imagine how happy I was to find this recipe. I used about 3/4 cup of cheese instead of the stated 1/2 cup. Otherwise, I followed the directions exactly. Thank you for a wonderful recipe. :-)
This is a great recipe for getting a meal together quickly!!! I was nervous about the flour and butter part (afraid it would be one big lump), but it works out just fine!!! I also increased the cheese to 3/4 to 1 cup...like stuff cheesy! Thank you for a FAST, yummy recipe!!!
Very tasty! I used cooked broccoli instead of spinach because I didn't have any and I made the sauce on the stove and baked the whole dish in the oven at 350 F for 25 minutes instead of in the microwave. Delish!! Thanks for sharing!