Recipe by childofthalidomide
Not really a recipe because of how incredibly easiy this is, but a friend of mine showed me how to make a quick and low-calorie treat that I'm totally addicted to now. They travel well, though afterabout half an hour the filling will melt a bit and perhaps become messy. I generally use Peanut Wonder, a lower-calorie peanut buter you can find at some health food stores like Trader Joe's and add a bit of stevia to counter the saltiness. This has no sugar other than the sugar from the dates, and depending on how much nut butter you add can be from 45-95 calories each with little fat.
- 25 dates (medjool variety)
- 12 1⁄2 tablespoons almond butter (or peanut butter, if you prefer)
- stevia (optional) or any other artificial sweetener (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice each date open lengthwise (not totally in half) and take out the pit.
- Fill the date with approximately a tsp of almond/peanut butter.
- Close the date again, sprinkle with sweetner if you think the peanut or almond butter is too salty.
- When you have filled all of the dates, put them in a container and freeze for at least an hour.
- Enjoy at your leisure!