Recipe by spatchcock
Perfect summer dessert. Try it with chocolate ice cream instead of vanilla for a flavor twist. Cook time=freezer time. Special equipment: a 3 1/2- by 7 1/2-inch (3 1/2-cup) loaf pan
Top Review by MizzNezz
I didn't have vanilla wafers, so I substituted graham crackers in the crust. It is very good! Very light with a refreshing orange taste. Wonderful summer treat. This is easy to make, and looks really great on a dessert plate. I will make this again. Thanks!
- 16 reduced-fat vanilla wafers, finely ground in a food processor
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh orange zest
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 cup orange sorbet, slightly softened
- 1 cup non-fat vanilla frozen yogurt (try coffee flavored frozen yogurt for a truly unique twist!)
- finely julienned fresh orange zest, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Line loaf pan with a double layer of plastic wrap, allowing a few inches of overhang along sides.
- Stir together cookie crumbs, zest, butter, and corn syrup in a small bowl, then press into bottom of loaf pan.
- Spread sorbet evenly over crumb crust and freeze 30 minutes to harden.
- While sorbet is freezing, slightly soften frozen yogurt.
- Spread evenly over sorbet and freeze, covered with plastic wrap, until firm, at least 2 hours.
- Using plastic wrap as an aid, lift frozen cake out of pan, then peel off plastic.
- Let stand 5 minutes to soften, then cut crosswise into 4 slices.