Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a recipe I got from my friend Denise. She says it's a "must-have" for Thanksgiving and Christmas at their house. Cooking time is freezing time.
- 2 (14 ounce) cans cranberry sauce (either jellied or whole-berry)
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (16 ounce) bag mini marshmallows
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1⁄2 cup crushed walnuts (optional)
- In a blender, mix pineapple (do not strain), cranberries and lemon juice until blended - chunky, not perfectly pureed.
- Pour mixture into a 9" x 13" pan and add marshmallows (mix a little so the marshmallows are coated with the cranberry sauce - it helps the topping stick later). The marshmallows will be floating on the top.
- Freeze until solid.
- Cover with Cool Whip, sprinkle with nuts, refreeze.
- Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving to allow it to soften a little.