Prep 10 mins
Cook 48 hrs
This recipe has been used for generations. It was my childhood favorite that my Grandmother made. I had an awesome teacher and make this often for family functions, I can almost see her smiling when we eat this.
- 1 lb fresh cranberries
- 1 (16 ounce) bag mini marshmallows
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups crushed pineapple, drained
- 16 ounces Cool Whip
- Grind up cranberries.
- Mix cranberries, marshmallows and sugar and let stand overnight.
- Mix cool whip into cranberry mixture and put into a 9x13 pan. Freeze overnight.
- Serve as desert, cut in squares on a bed of pretty greens.
This is similar to what I remember eating growing up served on a piece of lettuce. I made this last year and forgot to review. It was way too sweet for our tastes. I decided to make it again this year but reduced the sugar by 1/2cup. Also I used a 12oz. bag of cranberries (could not find 1 lb.) so that probably made a difference. It is good, but my family barely touches it- just too sweet I guess. That sounds funny when you have 5 kids eating it, though! I give it 4 stars because it was what I was looking for, but my family was not thrilled with it.