Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
To soften the ice cream, place it in a chilled bowl and stir with a wooden spoon just until it is soft enough to stir in the remaining ingredients. If the ice cream becomes too soft, the pie will be icy instead of creamy.
- Spray a 9 inch pie pan with nonstick spray. Coat with the crushed cookies, set aside.
- In a chilled medium mixing bowl stir the ice cream with a wooden spoon until just softened. Fold in the cranberry sauce and orange peel until just combined. Spoon mixture into the prepared pie pan.
- Cover and freeze for at least 4 hours or until firm.
- To serve, cut into wedges. If desired, garnish with sugared cranberries.
- To make sugared cranberries, roll frozen cranberries in sugar.
So nice and simple! Pure flavors of cranberry, orange and chocolate, all blended in smooth ice cream. I must have used double the amount of wafers, though, and it was just perfect.