Recipe by hellokitty
To soften the ice cream, place it in a chilled bowl and stir with a wooden spoon just until it is soft enough to stir in the remaining ingredients. If the ice cream becomes too soft, the pie will be icy instead of creamy.
Top Review by rosslare
So nice and simple! Pure flavors of cranberry, orange and chocolate, all blended in smooth ice cream. I must have used double the amount of wafers, though, and it was just perfect.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 6 chocolate wafer cookies, finely crushed (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 quart low-fat vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, finely shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a 9 inch pie pan with nonstick spray. Coat with the crushed cookies, set aside.
- In a chilled medium mixing bowl stir the ice cream with a wooden spoon until just softened. Fold in the cranberry sauce and orange peel until just combined. Spoon mixture into the prepared pie pan.
- Cover and freeze for at least 4 hours or until firm.
- To serve, cut into wedges. If desired, garnish with sugared cranberries.
- To make sugared cranberries, roll frozen cranberries in sugar.