Trisha W's Note:
This fluffy pink pie with red flecks is festive looking for the holidays and easy to make ahead of time. Top it just before serving with a cranberry glaze star(see recipe.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 pie crust
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1Spread the pie crust in a 9 inch pie plate and bake at 450 degrees for 9- 11 minutes until light golden brown; cool completely.
- 2For the filling combine the 2 C of cranberries and 1 C of sugar and let stand for 5 minutes.
- 3Add the egg whites, orange juice concentrate, vanilla and salt and beat on a low speed until blended and frothy.
- 4Beat on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- 5Fold into the cranberry mixture.
- 6Pour into the cooled crust and freeze until firm and ready to serve.
- 7At serving time make the glaze by combining the 1/4 C sugar and cornstarch, in a small pan, then the 1/2 C cranberries and 1/3 C water.
- 8Cook and stir until the mixture becomes thick and bubbly.
- 10Spoon over the pie right before serving, spreading and shaping the glaze into a star shape on top of the pie.
- 11Cooking and preparation time are divided between the filling and glaze.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frozen Cranberry Pie
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.9
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 40.7 mg
- Sodium 179.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 33.4 g
- Protein 3.0 g