Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This fluffy pink pie with red flecks is festive looking for the holidays and easy to make ahead of time. Top it just before serving with a cranberry glaze star(see recipe.)
- Spread the pie crust in a 9 inch pie plate and bake at 450 degrees for 9- 11 minutes until light golden brown; cool completely.
- For the filling combine the 2 C of cranberries and 1 C of sugar and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add the egg whites, orange juice concentrate, vanilla and salt and beat on a low speed until blended and frothy.
- Beat on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Fold into the cranberry mixture.
- Pour into the cooled crust and freeze until firm and ready to serve.
- At serving time make the glaze by combining the 1/4 C sugar and cornstarch, in a small pan, then the 1/2 C cranberries and 1/3 C water.
- Cook and stir until the mixture becomes thick and bubbly.
- Spoon over the pie right before serving, spreading and shaping the glaze into a star shape on top of the pie.
- Cooking and preparation time are divided between the filling and glaze.