Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
This is a luscious combination of sweet and tangy, crunchy and creamy. This makes a great dessert.
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits
- 5 medium firm bananas, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) carton Cool Whip, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the pineapple juice into a medium bowl; set the pineapple aside. Add bananas to the juice.
- In a large bowl, combine the cranberry sauce and sugar. Drain the bananas and discard the juice; add the bananas to the cranberry mixture. Stir in the pineapple, whipped topping, and nuts.
- Pour into 13 x 9 x 2-inch dish; freeze until solid. Remove and let sit 15 minutes before cutting.