Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Easy and delicious.I found this in a 1999 Home Cooking magazine
- 16 large marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup strong coffee
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped or 1 cup Cool Whip, might work
- chocolate shavings or chips
- Combine coffee and marshmellows in a pan cook on low til melted.Microwave might work too.
- Cool and fold in whipped cream.
- Spoon into an 8 X 8 inch pan and Freeze for 3 hours until firm.Sprinkle top with chocolate shavings.
- Cut into squares and serve.
Since this recipe calls for strong coffee, I decided to use espresso. I also did not have whippng cream so used Cool Whip. Instead of using an 8x8 pan I spooned the mixture into small ramekins, placed them on a cookie sheet and popped into the freezer. Just before eating, I sprinkled the tops with finely chopped semi-sweet chocolate. This is a creamy dessert with a wonderful mocha flavor. Made for Spring 2013 Pick A Chef.
I liked this ok, but the coffee flavor wasn't really strong enough for our tastes. If I made this again I think I'd add some instant coffee to the brewed coffee to up the flavor a bit. Made for PAC Spring '12.