This recipe was found in the 2010 cookbook, Smoothie Heaven. Preparation time does not include the time needed to make the strong coffee or for it to cool & chill.
- Add brown sugar to freshly made hot coffee & stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Scrape seeds out of half of a vanilla bean & put them, along with the bean, into the hot coffee, then set aside for 10 minutes to infuse.
- Remove the vanilla bean & let the coffee cool, then put it in the refrigerator to chill for at least 30 minutes.
- When the coffee has chilled, peel the bananas & put them in a blender along with the coffee & almonds. Process until smooth, then add the ice & process until ice is roughly crushed.
- Pour into two glasses & serve immediately.