Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a must if you are a coffee lover. If you planning to make a double recipe make in two separate pans. You can make this a day ahead and keep covered in the freezer, just defrost slighty and scrape with a fork to loosen. Cooking time is freezing time.
- In a bowl stir together hot coffee and sugar and stir until the sugar is dissolved, then add in vanilla.
- Pour into an 8-inch metal baking pan and freeze, stirring every 30 minutes, until slushy (this should take about 1-1/2 hours).
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and stir vigorously with a fork until slightly smoother and more uniform in texture (about 30 seconds).
- Return to the freezer until firm enough to scoop (about another 30-40 minutes.
- Divide the granita into serving dishes and top with whipped cream.