Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a must if you are a coffee lover. If you planning to make a double recipe make in two separate pans. You can make this a day ahead and keep covered in the freezer, just defrost slighty and scrape with a fork to loosen. Cooking time is freezing time.
- In a bowl stir together hot coffee and sugar and stir until the sugar is dissolved, then add in vanilla.
- Pour into an 8-inch metal baking pan and freeze, stirring every 30 minutes, until slushy (this should take about 1-1/2 hours).
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and stir vigorously with a fork until slightly smoother and more uniform in texture (about 30 seconds).
- Return to the freezer until firm enough to scoop (about another 30-40 minutes.
- Divide the granita into serving dishes and top with whipped cream.
I mixed the frozen granita with some Lite Cool Whip and Hershey's Chocolate syrup. Mmmmmmm sooooo good!!! Kept me wide awake throughout the rest of the day.
The technique for this was quite good and it had a nice texture but I found it very sweet and I only used 1/2 cup sugar. People with a real sweet tooth might enjoy it more but I found it overwhelming. I can see how it would be a nice end to a summer meal, but the sugar might need some adjusting.