Recipe by KateL
Entered for safe-keeping, from 3/17/14 Woman's World magazine, for adults only. Start these the night before to have frozen pineapple mixture ready.
- 4 cups pineapple juice
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- green decorator sugar
- kosher salt
- 1 cup tequila
- 1⁄3 cup triple sec or 1⁄3 cup Cointreau liqueur
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf
- 1 (10 ounce) can frozen margarita mix
- 8 lime slices, for garnish
- 32 basil leaves, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- PINEAPPLE ICE.
- In a freezer-proof 13"x9" pan, mix pineapple juice and crushed pineapple (with juice). Freeze overnight.
- GREEN RIM:.
- Mix 2 parts green decorating sugar to 1 part kosher salt.
- Dip rims of 8 margarita glasses into water, shaking off excess; dip into sugar mixture.
- In blender, puree tequila, triple sec and 1/2 cup basil leaves until basil is finely chopped; strain into bowl.
- Stir in frozen margarita mix. Transfer half of mixture to blender.
- Break pineapple ice mixture into 1" pieces; add half to blender.
- Process until smooth. Transfer to pitcher.
- Repeat with remaining tequila and pineapple mixtures.
- Divide among 8 prepared margarita glasses.
- Garnish each glass with a slice of lime. Arrange 4 pieces of fresh basil on top of drink so each guest gets a 4-leafed clover.