Recipe by KLHquilts
Another recipe from Maida Heatter, the goddess of desserts.
Top Review by Susiecat too
This has a rich chocolate flavor, and the tanginess of the yogurt comes through and balances out the sweetness. I used Recipe #71032, which I make all the time anyway. We topped our frozen yogurt with chopped pecans and sliced bananas. It would be good with a warm berry sauce, too! Thanks, KLHquilts!
- 32 ounces low-fat yogurt (must be low-fat coffee yogurt, preferably Dannon)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee (try instant espresso)
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
Directions See How It's Made
- Place yogurt, sugar, cocoa, salt, espresso and rum in a large bowl and whisk until thoroughly mixed and smooth. Stir for about 10 minutes until sugar is dissolved.
- Transfer to ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
- Freeze at least five hours before serving.