Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
These get their shape from a paper cup! (Cooking time is freezing time.) From Kraft Food and Family. It won't let me use "8 serving size or two 4 serving size" for the pudding so don't go by what I have in the ingredients!
- 3 cups milk
- 2 (3 ounce) packagesjell-o instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups thawed Cool Whip
- 16 Oreo cookies, chopped
- 8 maraschino cherries
- Pour milk into medium bowl.
- Add dry pudding mix.
- Beat with wire whisk for 2 minute.
- Gently stir in whipped topping.
- Spoon 2 t of the chopped cookies into each of eight 8-9 oz. paper drinking cups.
- Cover evenly with half of the pudding mixture.
- Repeat layers.
- Cover with foil.
- Freeze 5 hours or until firm.
- Remove from freezer about 15 minute before serving.
- Let stand at room temperature to soften slightly.
- Peel away paper to unmold onto dessert plates.
- Top each with a cherry.
- Store leftovers in freezer.
I lightened this up using 2% milk, sugar free pudding, and CoolWhip Lite but there is no sub for OREOS! I processed them in my food processor to make fine crumbs and they were a perfect addition! LOL. Thanks for posting TansGram. Made for When It's Hot Tag Game.
These were really good. I did have a little trouble getting the cups off with the cookie crumbs intact, but it was all good. Very rich even though it was low lat. I used skim milk, fat-free cool whip and fat-free pudding.
DH says this is 5 stars easily - more if possible! Very yummy! I used regular instant chocolate pudding, but did cut calories and used 2% milk and sugar free Cool Whip. Again - very yummy and definitely one of the easiest desserts I have ever made! Thanks for posting Greg!!