Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Easy to make and the taste is great! **This needs to freeze for at least 8 hours or overnight before serving.**
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup baking cocoa
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (9 inch) baked pie crusts
- chocolate curls (optional) or chocolate chips (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Add cocoa alternately with milk; mix well.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- If desired, garnish with chocolate curls or chips.
- Serve directly from the freezer (pie does not need to be thawed to cut).
- **Freeze time not included in "cook" time.
This pie is delicious! As a child my Momma used to buy Banquet frozen pies on occasion... this tastes just like it, only better! I did make a few minor changes. I used a 9 inch graham cracker crust, only partially thawed the whipped topping, and I used a 16 ounce tub of whipped topping, reserving 8 ounces for the top of the pie. My dh went crazy over this pie, when he finished his first piece, he told me to be sure and save the recipe. Thanks so much for sharing your recipe with us!
Total chocolate heaven! I used French Vanilla Cool Whip- hard to find, but it adds a certain richness. Next time I will make two pies- they keep well in the freezer for a last-minute dessert!