Prep 3 hrs
Cook 10 mins
Found this in our local paper. Haven't tried it yet, but can't WAIT!
- 1 package chocolate wafer
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 2 pints mocha ice cream
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 2⁄3 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 1⁄3 cups whipping cream, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- bittersweet chocolate, shavings for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Crush chocolate wafers, add melted butter.
- Mix well with a fork and press into a 9" pie plate.
- Bake for 10 minutes and cool completely.
- Spread ice cream carefully onto crust and freeze for 1-2 hours or until solid In a saucepan, cook cocoa, chocolate, 2/3 cup sugar, 1/3 cup cream and butter until mixture is smooth and boils.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Cool, but do not let mixture set too hard to pour.
- Pour sauce over frozen ice cream base.
- Freeze at least 1 1/2 hours.
- Before serving, whip remaining 1 cup cream with remaining 2 tablespoons sugar until soft peaks form.
- Add remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla and spread over pie.
- Garnish with bitter-chocolate shavings.