1/2 Photos of Frozen Chocolate Mousse Cake
Adapted from a French cookbook, I cannot believe how something this delicious can be so easy to make. And the results are truly magnificent. Decorate nicely, and you could swear this came from a big French Patisserie. By the way, the recipe says that the cake and the sauce both can be frozen for one month. The cake and sauce are unsuitable to microwave. MMM....When I made this me and my hubby finished it in one go, and he doesn't even like chocolate that much!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces dark chocolate, chopped (I used Hershey's chocolate chips)
- 5 ounces unsalted butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1Line an ungreased deep 20cm round cake pan w/greaseproof paper-do not grease paper.
- 2Melt combined chocolate and butter in heatproof bowl over hot water, or microwave.
- 3Cool to room temperature.
- 4Combine eggs and sugar in bowl, beat w/electric mixer until thick and creamy, fold in sifted flour.
- 5Then fold in chocolate mixture.
- 6Pour mixture into prepared pan, bake at 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4-for 20mins or until cake is crusty on top and soft in the centre.
- 7Leave cake to become cold in pan.
- 8Cover cake pan w/foil and freeze for several hours or overnight.
- 9Just before serving, place cake pan in hot water to loosen cake (for me this step wasn't necessary, I used foil instead of greaseproof paper to line my pan, and enough of it was hanging over for me to just cover the cake and freeze, which I just later pulled, and the cake came out w/it! No hot water dipping!) Invert cake onto serving dish and fill centre w/extra fresh fruit if desired.
- 10BERRY SAUCE: Blend or process berries w/icing sugar until smooth, strain.
- 11Pour berry sauce over slices cut, and serve-- Mmmm.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frozen Chocolate Mousse Cake
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 953.6
- Calories from Fat 837
- Total Fat 93.0 g
- Saturated Fat 56.4 g
- Cholesterol 287.7 mg
- Sodium 101.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.8 g
- Sugars 14.3 g
- Protein 21.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: