This is wonderful but very rich. I serve it with whipped cream. It's nice in small servings, molded with muffin liners, but also very pretty done in a gelatin mold.
- In a blender, combine chocolate chips and very hot coffee.
- Blend until melted and smooth.
- Add rum or brandy.
- Add egg yolks and blend 30 seconds.
- Beat whites to soft peaks. Gradually add sugar, beating into stiff peaks.
- Fold into chocolate mixture.
- Whip cream and fold into chocolate mixture.
- Pour in prepared dishes or paper baking cups set in muffin tins. Freeze until firm.