Recipe by Mary Jenny
Do you want to make after-school snacks a breeze? These make-ahead peanutty bites are a nutritious option and are easy enough for the kids to help make. Such tasty grab-and-go treats are likely to make your freezer the most popular after-school destination. More great recipes can be found at www.peanutbureau.ca.
- 4 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 cup peanuts, finely chopped
- 2 large bananas, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt chocolate in the top of a double boiler or in the microwave, then stir in peanut butter.
- Place peanuts in a wide, shallow dish. Roll 3 to 4 pieces of banana in the melted chocolate and peanut butter mixture, and stir to coat.
- Remove bananas using a fork and place in the dish containing peanuts. Roll chocolate-covered bananas in peanuts and coat as best as you can. Once well coated, place bananas on baking sheet lined with waxed paper.
- Repeat with remaining bananas, re-melting the chocolate mixture if needed. Once complete, place in freezer.
- Once frozen, store in a freezer bag or airtight container. Thaw for 8 to 10 minutes before eating, to ensure banana bites are frozen, but not rock hard.