Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Such a simple name for such a fabulous dessert. I got this recipe from the cook at a conference center near Seattle where I had been attending a meeting. This is a bona fide winner.
- Bring corn syrup and water to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips and vanilla.
- (Reserve 2 tablespoons to decorate the top later if you wish.) Cool.
- Break up chocolate wafers with your fingers and pulverize in the blender.
- Melt butter and mix well with the crushed wafers in a small bowl.
- Press into an 8" pie plate.
- With an electric mixer, beat cream until stiff.
- Add condensed milk and cooled chocolate mixture.
- Beat mixture until stiff.
- Stir in nuts with a rubber spatula.
- Pour into prepared pie shell.
Your right. This is a fabulous dessert! I made it for the Pick Your Chef cook-a-thon, to top off your German Spareribs and Kraut, with your Waldorf salad. It is really, really good. Thanks so much for sharing. Laudee