Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
- 2⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 8 ounces German sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups coarsely crushed cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies (about 12 cookies)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- additional chopped walnuts (optional)
- additional crushed cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies (optional)
- In a heavy saucepan, melt chocolate and corn syrup; stir until smooth. Stir in 1/2 cup cream.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until cool.
- Stir in crushed cookies and walnuts. In a small mixing bowl, beat remaining cream until stiff peaks form; fold into chocolate mixture.
- Spread into a 9-in. square dish. Cover and freeze for 4-6 hours or until firm.
- Sprinkle with additional walnuts and crushed cookies if desired.
- Cook times is refrigerate and freezer times.