Recipe by Watkinslady30
Elegant, great make ahead cake! Pound cake, whipping cream, milk chocolate morsels, coffee ice cream, cool whip, and malted milk balls are put together in this yummy ice cream style cake. Would be great for a party. Found this in a Taste of Home publication, Spring 2006.
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 3⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) package milk chocolate chips
- 4 cups coffee ice cream, 1 quart, softened
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed (Cool Whip)
- 1 3⁄4 cups malted milk balls, coarsely crushed (Whoppers)
- frozen whipped topping, thawed (optional)
- additional coarsely crushed malted milk balls (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice pound cake into 1/8 to 1/4 inch slices. Place half of the slices on the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan; press down firmly.
- Set remaining slices aside.
- Bring cream just to a boil in a medium saucepan. Remove from heat.
- Add milk chocolate morsels; let stand 5 minutes. Whisk until well combined and smooth.
- Pour half of the chocolate mixture over pound cake in pan, spreading evenly to with 1/4 inch of edge of pan.
- Cover; freeze for 1 1/2 hours or until chocolate is set.
- Combine softened ice cream and whipped topping in large bowl. Fold in 1 3/4 cups crushed malted milk balls. Spread over chocolate layer in pan.
- Cover; freeze until ice cream is firm, about 2 hours.
- Top ice cream with remaining pound cake slices; press down firmly.
- Spread remaining chocolate mixture over pound cake. Cover; freeze at least 6 hours.
- To serve, remove sides of pan. Garnish with additional whipped topping and sprinkle with crushed malted milk balls if desired.
- To cut cake easily, run a knife under hot water and dry with a paper towel before slicing.