9 hrs 20 mins
Elegant, great make ahead cake! Pound cake, whipping cream, milk chocolate morsels, coffee ice cream, cool whip, and malted milk balls are put together in this yummy ice cream style cake. Would be great for a party. Found this in a Taste of Home publication, Spring 2006.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) package milk chocolate chips
- 4 cups coffee ice cream, 1 quart, softened
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed (Cool Whip)
- 1 3/4 cups malted milk balls, coarsely crushed (Whoppers)
- frozen whipped topping, thawed (optional)
- additional coarsely crushed malted milk balls (optional)
- 1Slice pound cake into 1/8 to 1/4 inch slices. Place half of the slices on the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan; press down firmly.
- 2Set remaining slices aside.
- 3Bring cream just to a boil in a medium saucepan. Remove from heat.
- 4Add milk chocolate morsels; let stand 5 minutes. Whisk until well combined and smooth.
- 5Pour half of the chocolate mixture over pound cake in pan, spreading evenly to with 1/4 inch of edge of pan.
- 6Cover; freeze for 1 1/2 hours or until chocolate is set.
- 7Combine softened ice cream and whipped topping in large bowl. Fold in 1 3/4 cups crushed malted milk balls. Spread over chocolate layer in pan.
- 8Cover; freeze until ice cream is firm, about 2 hours.
- 9Top ice cream with remaining pound cake slices; press down firmly.
- 10Spread remaining chocolate mixture over pound cake. Cover; freeze at least 6 hours.
- 11To serve, remove sides of pan. Garnish with additional whipped topping and sprinkle with crushed malted milk balls if desired.
- 12To cut cake easily, run a knife under hot water and dry with a paper towel before slicing.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frozen Chocolate-Covered Cappuccino Crunch Cake
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 216.0
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 38.1 mg
- Sodium 108.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
malted milk balls