Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This is a great make-ahead dessert, as it can be prepared a day in advance, and sit in the freezer until serving time. I got this from Simple and Delicious magazine, and made some modifications.
- 1 (16 ounce) package refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1⁄2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1⁄2 cup cold milk
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3⁄4 cup miniature chocolate chip
- 3⁄4 cup English toffee bits
- Hersheys Chocolate Syrup, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Let cookie dough stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften. Press into an ungreased 9x13 baking pan. Bake for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Spread caramel topping evenly over cooled crust. Place in freezer for 15 minutes to set caramel.
- In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand until soft set. Fold in whipped topping, chips, and toffee bits. Spread over caramel layer.
- Cover and freeze for 4 hours or until firm.
- For serving, cut into squares and drizzle with chocolate syrup.
Very easy dessert to put together - the hardest part was waiting for it to freeze :) I skipped on the toffee bits (personal pref) and increased the mini chips to 1 cup total. The only thing I would recommend it very lightly spraying the baking pan before pressing in the dough as some of the crust stuck in my pan when trying to serve (I used a glass dish). Enjoyed by the family and friends we entertained. Thanks for sharing!