Recipe by Annacia
too hot to bake? Try these frozen treats, they taste just like the chocolate-chip cookie dough ice cream! Of course you can always cut some the balls up and drop them into your next batch of ice cream....double yum.
Top Review by Chicagopm
I made this for some cookie dough lovers I know (I prefer my cookie dough baked). They loved them! I was glad that there weren't any eggs in the recipe. The recipe made a LOT of treats and I used the smallest scoop I have. I'll make this for them again soon. Thank you for posting this recipe!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts, if desired
- 1 lb dipping chocolate (milk or dark)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the vanilla, water, flour, chocolate chips, and walnuts, if desired, and mix until well blended.
- Roll dough into bite-sized balls (or use a melon baller).
- Place on a baking sheet and freeze until firm, about 2 hours. Dip in melted dipping chocolate.
- Store balls in resealable plastic bags in the freezer.