Recipe by s'kat
It's the simple pleasures in life that keep me going, and this is certainly one of them! Frozen bananas are also terrific without any toppings...cook time includes freezer time.
Top Review by AndreaVT96
Yummmmmy! Easy to make. Used dark chocolate, no additional toppings and they turned out so well. Used grilling skewers to freeze bananas. Our bananas were pretty big, and I bit awkward to eat, so next time I may try cutting them in half. Great summer treat that I will make again.
- 4 bananas
- 4 wooden skewers or 4 sticks
- 2 chocolate candy bars (I prefer Lindt, Godiva, etc.)
- nuts (optional)
- coconut (optional)
- cereal, crumbed (optional)
- graham cracker (optional)
- M&M', or other candies (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Unpeel bananas, slice in half, insert wooden skewers, and press halves back together.
- Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and place in freezer until firm, about 3 hours.
- In microwave or on stovetop, melt chocolate bars.
- Remove bananas from freezer (work on one or two at a time).
- Dip into melted chocolate and coat thoroughly.
- If desired, allow chocolate to firm slightly, then roll in any of the optional ingredients.
- Place bananas back in freezer on sheets of wax paper to harden, at least 30 more minutes.
- Remove, eat and enjoy!