Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
The crock pot is great because everything always comes out moist. With this recipe, you don't have to take the meat out ahead of time, just in the pot and go!
- 4 frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream soup
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 (6 ounce) package Stove Top stuffing mix, and seasoning packet
- 1 2⁄3 cups water
- 8 ounces mushrooms (optional)
- 1 medium onion, diced or sliced (optional)
- If using, put mushrooms and onion in bottom of crock pot.
- Place frozen chicken in crock pot.
- Combine soup (use 2 cans if you want to have more gravy) and milk and pour over chicken.
- Combine the stuffing mix, seasoning packet and water and spoon mixture over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low 8- 10 hours.
I really wanted this to be a 5 Star recipe, and perhaps when I make it the next time, it will be, and I'll update my review. I had to make "minor" modifications. I only had 4 oz. of mushrooms, so that's what I used, but I added 4 oz. of sliced water chestnuts(good choice)! Upon the notes of a previous review, I did only use one can of soup....cream of mushroom. This recipe is "near" perfect. A few additional notes.....I used my "slow cooker, pot on a hot base. I think I should have cooked it initially at a lower temp, though I LOVED THE ALMOST CARAMALIZED ONIONS the slow cooker created(as opposed to a crockpot). Then, there are my own preferences. Next time I'll use TWO Stovetop Suffings, 8 oz. mushrooms, and 8 oz. sliced water chestnuts. I really like stuffing, and I think this recipe can easily stand up to two boxes of Stovetop. This is absolutely YUMMY eatin', and it's easy, and pretty cheap. Aside from the sodium content, it's also quite nutritious. Thanks for sharing, and I'm sure this'll become a regular for me!
This really turned out better than I thought. I went by the instructions, with a couple minor additions. I added another box of stuffing, 2 cans of mushrooms, and the called for "2" cans of cream of chicken and a half of onion. It was cheap and easy to make and very convenient for my busy schedule. Thank you for the recipe and I will diffidently add it too my scheduled cooking.
This was pretty good. For ease of making, it couldn't be beat, I love coming home to a dinner ready. I left out the mushrooms, but used cream of mushroom soup. I threw in some frozen corn and frozen peas. I used the Stovetop whole wheat stuffing. I think it needs more veggies and a bit more seasoning. It turned out pretty soggy, so I am glad that I only used one can of soup.