1/1 Photo of (Frozen) Chicken in the Crock Pot
6 hrs 15 mins
Friday's pal's Note:
Sounds hard to believe, but it is possible to put a whole frozen chicken in the crock pot and have dinner in about 7-8 hours. When I buy the chicken, I unwrap it and take the gizzards out and also remove the paper placed under the bird. I also try to purchase a chicken with a pop-up timer. Then I re-wrap the bird and freeze it until I'm ready to cook it. Please keep in mind that I have a new crock pot which seems to be hotter than my old one, so cooking times may vary a bit. The original idea for this recipe came from Taste of Home. This is my modification. Hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spray inside of crock pot with cooking spray.
- 2Rinse chicken and place in cooker.
- 3Mix chicken gravy with water and wine.
- 4Pour over chicken.
- 5Cook on low approximately 6 hours.
- 6About 1 1/2 hours before end of cooking time add carrots and onions.
- 7When done, take chicken out and let rest on a cutting board at least 15 minutes.
- 8Take vegetables out of gravy; strain the gravy and thicken to your preference.
- 9Enjoy with mashed potatoes and a tossed salad!
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for (Frozen) Chicken in the Crock Pot
Serving Size: 1 (400 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 657.9
- Calories from Fat 390
- Total Fat 43.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 197.4 mg
- Sodium 508.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 47.5 g