Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
If you love fruitcake, these cookies will make you very happy! This recipe was shared by a friend who brought me these goodies! Keep these in the freezer for rainy days when you need a comforting dessert. Recipe does not include freezing time.
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Beat in eggs.
- Stir in dry ingredients.
- Stir in pecans and fruit.
- Form into rolls 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Wrap in plastic wrap; place in resealable plastic bag.
- TO BAKE: Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Using wet sharp knife, slice into thin slices (1/4 inch thick), and place on greased baking sheet.
- Bake 6-8 minutes.
Yummy, Yummy, These are so good that you can hardly stop eating them.DH loves them. Very easy to make. Recipe makes a lot of Cookies. I only baked a few. It is nice to be able to slice off a few and bake them. This will be one of my christmas Cookies.Thank you BeachGirl recipe is a keeper.
I tried this recipe because ,I had a package of candied fruit I've been shuffling around my freezer for so long,I hate to tell you how long.Anyways,I used half on recipe 106561 fruitcake bars,they were very good.The cookie recipe, wasnt sweet at all and real crisy.But,I dont think I'll be making them again.No,one in my family really likes candied fruit in anything.It was a nice way of using up that package.I thought for sure that package would decompose before I got to use it.