Recipe by BeachGirl
If you love fruitcake, these cookies will make you very happy! This recipe was shared by a friend who brought me these goodies! Keep these in the freezer for rainy days when you need a comforting dessert. Recipe does not include freezing time.
Top Review by Barb G.
Yummy, Yummy, These are so good that you can hardly stop eating them.DH loves them. Very easy to make. Recipe makes a lot of Cookies. I only baked a few. It is nice to be able to slice off a few and bake them. This will be one of my christmas Cookies.Thank you BeachGirl recipe is a keeper.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 whole egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup candied pineapple, diced
- 1 cup candied red cherries or 1 cup green cherries (or mixture of both)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Beat in eggs.
- Stir in dry ingredients.
- Stir in pecans and fruit.
- Form into rolls 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Wrap in plastic wrap; place in resealable plastic bag.
- TO BAKE: Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Using wet sharp knife, slice into thin slices (1/4 inch thick), and place on greased baking sheet.
- Bake 6-8 minutes.