Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Love this novel idea from Blue Belle Ice Cream. Originally uses Blue Bell Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream for a St. Patrick's Day theme, but any ice cream works well. Freeze time not included. With adult supervision, can easily be made with kids.
- 1 (20 ounce) box brownie mix, prepared according to package instructions (like Duncan Hines)
- 12 aluminum foil, muffin cups
- 1⁄2 gallon ice cream, slightly softened
- 1 (16 ounce) chocolate cake icing or 1 (16 ounce) frosting
- Place the muffin cups into each muffin mold of a 12-count muffin tin.
- Pour an equal amount of prepared brownie mix into each 12 cups. Bake the brownies using the recommended temperature, but reduce the time to at least ½ of the recommended time to compensate for the small-sized portions. (Time will vary check for doneness according to package directions). Cool brownies completely.
- Place one scoop of ice cream on top of each brownie. Use enough ice cream to fill the muffin cup, rounding the top of the ice cream to resemble a cupcake. Place the cupcakes on a tray, cover with foil and freeze for 2-4 hours.
- Just before serving, remove the cupcakes from the freezer. Spread enough icing on the cupcake to cover the ice cream. If you don't want a big mess, remove the foil cup and serve the cupcake in a dessert dish with a spoon. Otherwise, serve as is.
Oh yummy! I love the fact they stay in the freezer, so I can just pull one out when i want one! Definately fulfills my chocolate craving. I found I had a little batter(used 18. something oz. box) left over, so baked it in a small pan, didn't use a full 1/2 gallon of ice cream. Thanks! Made for Please Make My Recipe game.