Recipe by ~Bekah~
Thaw, raise and COOK your frozen bread in the crock pot! Great for those without bread makers. Found on a geo-cities site.
Top Review by Ms B.
My loaf pans didn't fit inside my crockpot, so I amended this recipe a bit. I used Rhodes frozen dinner rolls (9 of them) inside a 1.5 quart stainless steel bowl. I tossed the rolls with olive oil, Italian seasoning and grated parmesan cheese before placing them in the bowl, then followed the timeline of the recipe. These were great little pull-apart rolls. Would have been perfect with soup or a pasta dish, but hubby ate them all as a snack. LOL I had wondered about the rolls browning in the crockpot, but the oil does the trick during the last 20-30 minutes. These were very good and will be made again.
Directions See How It's Made
- Generously rub oil on frozen bread loaf.
- Place in greased baking pan.
- Place pan in crock pot, cover and heat on low 2 to 3 hours, or until bread is thawed and starting to rise.
- Turn to high and bake 2 to 3 hours or until it is brown and sounds hollow when tapped.
- It should be a beautifully brown crusty round loaf.