1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 10 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 -13 cups bread flour (If I use some whole wheat flour, I use less flour)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2/3 cup instant nonfat dry milk powder (powdered milk)
- 4 packages active dry yeast (I use 4 tablespoons especially with wheat flour)
- 1/4 cup soft butter or 1/4 cup soft margarine
- 4 cups very warm water
- 1I sprinkle the yeast on the 4 cups water and add the 1/2 cup sugar and let the yeast work.
- 2In a large bowl or bread mixer mix powdered milk, 4 cups flour, salt and butter.
- 3Add the yeast water and mix (you can use an electric mixer) as you keep adding flour you will need to knead by hand (or use a bread mixer) Add flour until you get a stiff dough (you might not need all of flour, it depends on the moisture content of your flour) Knead for 15 minutes and then cover with a towel and let rest for 15 minutes.
- 4Divide dough into 4 equal balls.
- 5Smooth balls and place on a cookie sheet and cover with plastic wrap.
- 6Freeze balls until firm and then transfer to freezer bags and store in freezer.
- 7Recommended storage time 1 month.
- 8To Bake: remove frozen dough from freezer, open freezer bag and leave dough in bag to thaw or place on a cookie sheet and cover with plastic wrap to thaw.
- 9It is very important to have a plastic covering over dough to thaw (dough really dries out without the plastic covering).
- 10(It usually takes about 4 hours to thaw) Shape into loaves or leave round or make pizza crust or rolls or whatever you do with freezer dough.
- 11Let rise until doubled (1 1/2 hours) Bake regular bread loaves at 350 for 35 minutes.
- 12I like to brush the bread loaf with 1 beaten egg and return it to the oven for 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frozen Bread Dough
Serving Size: 1 (2716 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1627.6
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 32.5 mg
- Sodium 3664.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 320.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.0 g
- Sugars 31.9 g
- Protein 45.7 g