Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a very handy method to have beef or chicken bouillon ready when you need it. You could always double the recipe, and store in covered freezer-proof containers in the freezer.
- 2 cups chicken stock or 2 cups beef stock
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves fresh minced garlic
- In a large saucepan, boil all ingredients until reduced by half; cool.
- Divide evenly into ice cube trays; freeze until solid.
- Remove from ice cube trays, place in a ziplock plastic bag.
- Add 1-2 cubes to skillet or wok when sauteing or stir frying.
Fantastic idea!!! I will be trying this this week and am sure it will be wonderful.... all your recipes are! Thank you Kitten! update.... this turned out really nicely.... I will have to make more stock as I often need more than just a tiny bit... Although...we are almost empty nesters and hubby keeps telling me to dust off the little pots and pans and retire the dutch oven!!! WHAT!!!! is he NUTS!!
Great idea! I made your Chicken stock just this week, froze some in 1 cup containers & the balance in cubes. They will be handy for those recipes that only need a wee bit of stock. I'll do the same thing next time I make your Beef stock. Thanx Kitten!
After making your Beef Stock (Crockpot), I made this recipe. Used 3 cups of beef stock and adjusted accordingly. A week later, I used two cubes (6 tbs of stock. Yes, big ice cubes) to roast 1 medium carrot (pennied). The taste is wonderful. Thanks for posting this recipe!