Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
The flavors of a classic Mojito (mint and lime) are blended into a refreshing slushy. This is a delicious and easy to make cocktail. For a large party, triple the recipe and store the slushy in a pitcher in the freezer for up to an hour. Stir to blend before serving guests. Adapted from Bon Appetit.
- 1 lime wedge
- 1 cup rum or 1 cup vodka
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice (use generous amount)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar or 1⁄3 cup light agave nectar
- 4 -5 cups ice cubes
- 12 fresh mint leaves
- 4 mint sprigs
- Place enough sugar on a small plate to reach depth of 1/4 inch. Run lime wedge around the rim of 4 martinin glasses to moisten. Dip rims into sugar on plate.
- Blend rum or vodka and 1/3 cup sugar in blender until sugar dissolves. Add ice, blend until smooth, adding up to 1 cup more ice, if desired.
- Add 12 mint leaves and blend until green flecks appear. Pour into prepared glasses.
- Garnish with mint sprigs.
- Sit back and enjoy.
These were pretty good but too strong for me - I blended then added soda water to water it down a bit. Made for My 3 chefs