Recipe by sheriboren
This is an adopted recipe from Mean Chef. Mean Chef says: Darling dessert From ''Ice Cream and Frozen Desserts'' by Lonnie Gandara and Elaine Ratner (California Culinary Academy.) They take a bit of effort, but are sooo good!!!
- 3 large eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 3 ounces white chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line standard muffin tin with 12 paper liners.
- In heavy-bottom deep 2-quart saucepan over lowest heat, whisk together eggs and sugar. Add butter and white chocolate, stirring until melted and smooth. Mixture should be warm, not hot.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt, beating until smooth. Scrape down sides of pan once or twice. Add chocolate and stir to create a marble effect as it melts. Do not over-blend; you want the marbling.
- With large spoon, fill cupcake papers three-fourths full with batter. Bake 18 to 23 minutes, until tops are lightly browned around edges and cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans 5 minutes, then transfer to rack to cool completely; cupcakes will sink slightly.
- When cool, cut top off each cupcake. With large end of melon baller, remove a rounded scoop of cake from lower section of each cupcake. Using a #100 (very small) ice cream scoop or the melon baller, fill each cupcake with a nice little round scoop of ice cream.
- Replace cupcake top, press down a bit to adhere the two sections, then wrap sandwich style in waxed paper or parchment.
- Place 6 cupcakes in each of two 1-gallon plastic freezer bags and freeze. Keeps 2 months; serve frozen.