Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Simple sorbet using frozen strawberries and blueberries. Ready to eat in about 10 minutes! (Actually, I'm not sure if it is a 'real' sorbet, but it eats like one.) The type of blender that you have will make a difference in how much syrup you will need- I only needed 1/2 cup to cover my berries halfway, as per the blender directions. If you need to add more than 3/4 cup, you may have to pop it into the freezer for a bit before eating it, but with my blender it turned out perfect. I made a double batch of the syrup and stored the extra it in the fridge for the next few batches of sorbet.
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 2⁄3 cup frozen blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- To make the syrup: mix sugar and water together in a small saucepan. Warm over medium heat, stirring till sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from heat. (It it not necessary to boil the syrup, in fact the less you heat it the quicker it will cool.).
- After the syrup has cooled enough that you can stick your finger in comfortably, you are ready to make the sorbet.
- Pour strawberries, then blueberries into blender. Add the lemon juice, and enough syrup to cover the berries halfway. Pulse, blend, etc. until you have a smooth puree. Serve immediately, or freeze in a plastic container with a layer of wax paper or saran wrap touching the top to prevent freezer burn. Remove from the freezer 5-10 minutes before serving to soften.
I saw another chef review this and thought I'd try it. I used one lemon, which was just under 1/4 C juice, 1/3 C sugar and under 1/2 tsp stevia. I also added some dried coconut. It came out more smoothie like, but tastes good. I put it in the freezer for a dinner treat.
Delicious! I added the little bit of extra syrup leftover and drank this as a smoothie. Thanks! Made for ZWT#7 by a Food.Commando!
Fabulous! And so pretty! I used my Vitamix and it was ready in nothing flat. I cut the sugar, (used Splenda), down to 1/3 cup, but mind you, I like mine somewhat tart! It was the perfect amount of sweetness for me. This was truly wonderful and refreshing. I have decided to serve it at a dinner party I'm having next month, and I know my guests will love it too! ZWT7 - Shady Ladies