Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Cheap way to cool off especially as a summer treat. Cook time is freezing time.
Make and share this Frozen Berry-Melon Pops recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 cups seeded watermelon or 2 1⁄2 cups cantaloupe or 2 1⁄2 cups honeydew melon, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup raspberries
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 5 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- Combine all ingredients in a blender; cover and blend until smooth.
- Press fruit mixture through a fine-mesh strainer over a bowl to extract juices.
- Discard solids and pour mixture into 3-ounce paper or plastic drink cups or pop molds.
- Cover cups with foil; cut a slit in the foil and insert wooden sticks.
- Freeze several hours or overnight until pops are firm.
- Remove from cups or molds to serve.
This was a low-calorie treat that really satisfies a sweet craving! I used frozen raspberries. My strainer was too fine to push any fruit through so I just put seeds and all into the molds. Following the advice from another zaar recipe, I put the cups in a mini-muffin tin so they would not tip over in the freezer. This made 6, 3oz. servings for me. Thank you Topher!