Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
An elegant and easy dessert from The Barefoot Contessa. Cook time is approx.
Make and share this Frozen Berries With White Hot Chocolate recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄4 lbs frozen mixed berries or 2 1⁄4 lbs frozen raspberries
- Combine the chocolate, heavy cream, and the vanilla in a heat-proof bowl and set it over a pan of simmering water until the chocolate melts.
- About 5 minutes before serving, remove the berries from the freezer and place them on individual serving plates. Ladle the warm chocolate sauce over the berries and serve.
I made this delicious sauce, thinned it out a bit and used it as cocoa...It was wonderful, rich, mellow and extremely satisfying, I added the frozen raspberries to the bottom of the glass, garnished with whipped cream and a few peices of the leftover berry. It was wonderful, I will make this again as written very soon. Thanks for posting your very versatile recipe. Made for Comfort Cafe01/10 :)
OUTSTANDING dessert. All your guests will abruptly stop talking with their first bite of this. This dessert is at it's very finest when it's served during fresh berry season. I buy fresh red and black raspberries, blueberries and strawberries(quarter the strawberries). Then line cookie sheets with parchment or wax paper and put the washed and drained berries on the sheets being sure they don't touch each other. When they are completely frozen, remove to zip lock bags, one for each different berry. (When serving, be sure everyone gets a good mix of every kind of berry you use.) After drizzling sauce on each plate/bowl, pour the rest in a pitcher and pass it around! One other note: Be VERY careful when melting the chocolate in the cream, it will quickly begin to turn colors on you - don't let it stay over the warm water for too long - the caramel color it will become isn't nearly as appealing. You can melt it early in the day and reheat it just before serving.