Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from Tops courtesy of Walnut Marketing Board.
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 cups ripe bananas, mashed plus 1 banana
- 1 cup toasted california walnut, chopped plus more for garnish
- 1 cup toffee pieces
- 9 inches frozen pie shells, baked
- 1 cup heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, using a wooden spoon, quickly stir together ice cream, mashed bananas, walnuts and toffee bits until smooth. Spread evenly into baked pie crust and freeze immediately until solid, at least 4 hours and up to 2 days.
- In a bowl, whip cream until it is light and fluffy. Cut banana into 12 slices. Spread whipped cream evenly over frozen pie. Top with walnut halves and banana slices.
- Chef's Tip: To soften ice cream, place container in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.