Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This rich, not-overly-sweet punch makes a lovely change from the same old sherbet/gingerale stuff that shows up at most wedding showers.
- Combine fruit juice and lemonade in a 1.5-gallon container.
- In small batches in a blender, puree the bananas with water and sugar. Add the banana mash to the fruit juices. I use a stick blender to make sure that all ingredients are well-blended.
- Freeze the base in 5 1-quart containers.
- The day of service, thaw the punch base until it is slushy.
- Add two liters of mixer for every quart of punch base.
- Serving suggestion: Punch cups may be garnished with skewered fruit.
- I think 2 cups of sugar is enough. Add more to adjust to your own taste.
I made this recipe for a summer party we had. I used 1.5 cups sugar and two 2 liter bottles of ginger ale (along with a fifth of rum) for a half batch! It was excellent, I'll definitely make it again!!!!