Amber of AZ's Note:
This recipe was found in the June/July edition of Light and Tasty. It is 4 points per serving and more importantly it is a dessert with CHOCOLATE.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (You could experiment with other chip flavors for fun and variety)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 4 medium firm bananas, halved
- 1/3 cup finely chopped nuts (I used walnuts, but again you could experiment with different chopped nuts for fun and variety)
- 8 wooden sticks (I used wooden skewers and found it hard to spear the banana securely. Possibly popsicle sticks might)
- 1In a small heavy saucepan, over low heat, melt chocolate chips and honey, stirring constantly.
- 2Add peanut butter stirring until smooth.
- 3Remove from heat and stir in milk.
- 4Peel bananas and insert wooden sticks into one end.
- 5Spoon chocolate mixture over bananas to coat. (I rolled the banana in the mixture for the best coating results.).
- 6Sprinkle with nuts and place on a wax paper lined cookie sheet.
- 7Freeze for no less than 30 minutes and serve frozen.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frozen Banana Pops
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.9
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 42.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 17.7 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat peanut butter