Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe was found in the June/July edition of Light and Tasty. It is 4 points per serving and more importantly it is a dessert with CHOCOLATE.
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (You could experiment with other chip flavors for fun and variety)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 4 medium firm bananas, halved
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped nuts (I used walnuts, but again you could experiment with different chopped nuts for fun and variety)
- 8 wooden sticks (I used wooden skewers and found it hard to spear the banana securely. Possibly popsicle sticks might)
- In a small heavy saucepan, over low heat, melt chocolate chips and honey, stirring constantly.
- Add peanut butter stirring until smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in milk.
- Peel bananas and insert wooden sticks into one end.
- Spoon chocolate mixture over bananas to coat. (I rolled the banana in the mixture for the best coating results.).
- Sprinkle with nuts and place on a wax paper lined cookie sheet.
- Freeze for no less than 30 minutes and serve frozen.