Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love to freeze part of the fruit I use in smoothies because that eliminates the need to use ice and water down the flavor! This is a refreshing, yet rich-tasting smoothie that we enjoy often. Prep time does not include time to freeze bananas or slice mangoes.
- 2 frozen ripe bananas
- 1 mango, peeled and sliced
- 10 ounces calcium fortified orange juice
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt or 1 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cut banana into chunks and freeze.
- In a blender, combine all ingredients and blend until smooth.
- If the smoothie is too thick, thin with a little more orange juice. Pour into 4 glasses.
You've got a GREAT SMOOTHIE recipe here! I did leave out the vanilla extract & then used a fat-free vanilla yogurt, but the other ingredients were as listed, & the resulting smoothie was wonderful! I usually use pineapple juice in similar drinks, so this was a nice change of pace! Thanks for sharing!